Let’s Get Skin Deep
We all know mainstream beauty brands don’t necessarily focus on quality products for the highly melanated, resulting in our unknowing misuse of crap products. Without a proper resource focused on the needs of your skin, we understand how it can be hard to manage an adequate skincare routine. Now don’t get us wrong, we know the saying, “black don’t crack,” but it sure can get ashy and dry as a mutha if not properly cared for. Water-based solutions, common with many moisturizers on the market, may get the job done temporarily. However, we all know what a brisk morning or cold gust of wind will do to that temporary fix. Much like our roots, we went with a deep, penetrating formula to lock in moisture and seep into your skin for longer-lasting hydration to keep your skin looking and feeling smooth.
We support our people by providing high-quality skincare products and practices for our community, and we wholeheartedly support and commend all businesses, especially black-owned that share the same goal and ambition. Somethin’ For That Ash encourages you to embrace your culture and identity, and what better way than to fortify the armor that represents you? The essence to our commitment to quality is shown in our list of favorable ingredients we have selected for our body butter. Shea butter, Rosehip, and Cocoa OH MY! Those are just some of our kick ash ingredients.
Let us also highlight some of our other powerhouse ingredients:
- Jojoba oil. Jojoba oil is an extract we've implemented in our formula to provide non-comedogenic, healing, and moisturizing properties. Our skin may require a thicker membrane of moisture but this non-comedogenic property prevents the clogging of pores, which without can lead to other issues.
- Sunflower oil. An oil rich in vitamin E, boosting your immune system, cell function and supplying your skin with antioxidants. Sunflower oil moisturizes as well as strengthens your skin's ability to retain or keep moisture, which is important, as a drop of water or the slightest breeze can take your skin from a melanin glow to a ghastly NO.
- Aloe. This plant has several beneficial uses, but specifically for skin it is most admired for its anti-inflammatory properties. Aloe contributes antioxidants and moisture as well as vitamin A which aids in healing through multiple layers of the skin, and vitamin c which evens skin tone and reduces hyperpigmentation.
Oh so you thought we were here just to correct your powdery blemishes? So far we have covered dry skin, discoloration, immune system boosts, anti-aging, and there is still more to come.
- Flaxseed Oil. When eaten it has the ability to reduce the risk of cancer when topically used, reduces itchy irritated skin, and repairs skin cells to give a more youthful plump look to the skin.
- Lavender. This extract has antibacterial properties that prevent breakouts as well as unclogging pores! Lavender also has a therapeutic calming effect on the skin and body.
Some have made it to this point turned off by some of the common ingredients found in other products that may not have given the desired results, however there may be one more key thing missing to explain why “Somethin’ For That Ash” works.
We believe one of the most important facts about skin is that it is sensitive and vulnerable, skin isn't just an outer layer, it's an organ. It has specific functions and needs that must be accommodated to have the skin you desire and can be proud of. Not everybody breaks out at the touch of strong detergents or perfumes but there are a lot of harsh chemicals put in products for skin care that do more harm than good. Some of these chemicals are so harmful, when they penetrate skin the damage is so deeply embedded, layers later your skin will still be suffering. That is why our product “Somethin’ For That Ash” uses natural and organic products straight from the Motherland. Our goal is to give you a lifetime membership with happy beautiful skin.
- We are a 100% black owned business, like mentioned before this Brand was built to provide high quality skin care for the members of our community. (this is not just another investment in your skin, this is an investment in your community). Somethin’ For That Ash will continue to represent itself as a black oriented business and accommodate to our needs.
- We appreciate all of the support we have received as we carry on the development of our brand and products. It has been 15 months and it has already been a journey, we hope all of us can continue to prosper and support each other.
@toni Yes, you can find the full ingredient list on our product pages.
Sounds great. Is there a list of all your ingredients?